Sunday, February 01, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

1. When I was a kid my dad built us a house in Anchorage, Alaska that featured a fire pole that went from the kids' floor to the first floor where there was a wall-to-wall trampoline.

2. I am a private (airplane) pilot. Bill and Me

3. I've lived in 13 states.

4. I was in the US Air Force for eleven years. The Birth of Sergeant Danley

5. I was at Kennedy Space Center during the Challenger disaster January 28, 1986.

6. I love lighthouses because they are beautiful, majestic, historic, purposeful and just plain awesome!

The Nubble

7. I was a Mormon for thirty years and served a full-time proselyting mission for two of those years.

8. I want to start a scenic postcard business.

9. I like specialty cheeses and Guinness beer.

10. I read the newspaper every day.

11. I broke my leg in a skiing accident when I was a kid.

12. I spent childhood summers at my grandparents' house in Olympia, Washington. I miss them.

13. I think Michael Jackson is a brilliant artist.

14. I drove a Volkswagon Beetle when I was a teenager...and loved it!

15. I love to drive but would like to live in an urban apartment and not own a car.

16. I've received aerobatic instruction in a Stearman biplane. Turning right-base for one-six grass

17. I have degrees in both avionics systems and computer science.

18. I lived on a horse ranch in Palmer, Alaska and a cattle ranch in St. Cloud, Florida.

19. My favorite sport to watch on television is tennis.

20. I watch television less than one hour each week.

21. I used to live in a tiny apartment in Boston's financial district. They didn't deliver mail on Saturdays.

22. I have visited 43 US states and love Maine best! I have never been to Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Wisconsin, Michigan or New Jersey.

23. When I was twelve I traveled in a car from Alaska to Florida with my dad and older brother. We lived in a hotel near Walt Disney World for a month.

24. I've never flown in a helicopter. I'd really like to do that.

25. I jumped out of an airplane for fun.